Start at the beginning
- developed by illiterate(s)
- Evolved slowly from parent
- first in its area
- inventor known
- language unknown
- mercantile script
- National pride
- now ceremonial
- previous script didn't quite work
- private or secret
- probably developed by illiterate(s)
- probably first in its area
- Rating: 1 "Dull, only here for completeness"
- Rating: 2 "Not all that interesting"
- Rating: 3 "I did not know that"
- Rating: 4 "Huh, interesting!"
- Rating: 5 "Whoa!!"
- revealed in a dream
- significant female influence
- spiritual or supernatural
- technology influenced
Category Archives: Administration
I have wrestled a little bit with how to handle technical terms like abugida and virama. The first time I use them, it’s a no-brainer: I explain them. But what should I do the second time? I didn’t want to … Continue reading
No, I haven’t lost interest, I am still getting over this cold. I thought I was better; I went in to the office WThFri… but that took a lot more out of me than working from home. I just couldn’t … Continue reading
I have not decided to cease work on Glyph of the Day, I’ve just been down with a really nasty cold. Posting should resume soon, probably tomorrow or the next day. I am going to launch into the Brahmi-derived languages … Continue reading
Two administrative things: #1: I have changed the time I schedule posts to automatically publish from 00:01 to 20:30. I discovered that I was trying to wait up until the pub time in order to announce the publication on Facebook, … Continue reading
1. I made a minor change to the titles of the posts, including the (rough) date that the writing system came into existence and what (modern-day) country it appeared in. (The country will need to be approximate. Usually the exact … Continue reading